Here is my recipe for my easy and egg-less vegan stuffing. I have been making this for many holidays over the years and people love it. I have experimented a lot with this recipe to take it to where it is now. Now the special ingredient that I add to help take this stuffing to the next level, is by adding ranch dressing. It may seem like an odd pairing but I have learned that dressing makes for a simple and easy way to add flavor to many dishes. Adding just a tad bit of Follow Your Heart dressing makes this stuffing creamy, high in flavor, and out of this world.
This recipe is perfect for the Thanksgiving Holiday and makes plenty of servings to go around. Enjoy!
Easy Egg-less Stuffing
- 1 Bread
- ¼ cup Oil or Vegan Butter
- 1 ½ cups Diced White Onion
- 1 ½ cups Diced Celery
- ½ cup Diced Carrots
- ⅛ cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 tbsp Vegan Butter
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Sage
- 1 tbsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart Ranch Dressing
- Step 1 Grease a baking dish 9×13 and heat your oven 350 degrees.
- Step 2 The first step is to make sure your bread is dried out. You can either leave it out to dry overnight or do what I do, put them in a toaster for quick results. Once the bread is properly dried, cut the slices into so cubes. 1″x1″. Place the pieces in a bowl for later.
- Step 3 In a large pan, melt 2 Tbs vegan butter with 2 Tbs of flour. (This is to make a roux to help bind the bread together.) Stir both ingredients until completely mixed. Begin to slowly add the vegetable broth stirring along the way to keep everything evenly mixed. Once all the broth is added, allow to sit on a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 4 While the roux is thickening, heat a separate pan with 1/4th cup oil or butter. Place in your diced onions, celery and carrots into a pan and let them cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Step 5 Once the roux is done and the veggies are soft, they are ready to mix together with your sage, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour your mixture onto your bread while carefully mixing everything. Once mixed and all the bread is coated, add your ranch dressing, slowly stirring again.
- Step 6 Place your mixture into your greased pan and place into the oven for 35 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the oven to cool, then serve or store in the refrigerator to save for later.