This is a fun and simple way to make a vegan meatball sub sandwich that is so full of flavor and such a healthy alternative to real meat. This recipe is so easy to make and so delicious to eat. It’s a great way to bring fun and flavor to your dinner or lunch table.
These vegan meatball subs are so tasty and make for a great meal. I used Gardein meatballs for this recipe, but you can swap that out for any of your favorite brands.
Vegan Meatball Sub
- Sub sandwich rolls
- Vegan 'meatballs'
- Vegan shredded cheese
- 15 oz Tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup Red wine
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup White onion
- Set your oven to 400 degrees.
For the sauce
- Pour the tomato sauce into a saucepan on medium heat.
- Chop up your onion and add to your sauce. Let that simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour in the red wine and olive oil and stir everything until completely blended. Let the sauce simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
For the sandwich
- dd in your frozen ‘Gardein’ meatballs. Put the top on your pot and let the meatballs cook in the sauce for 15 minutes on low heat. Stir every few minutes.
- Place your bread into the oven and let them cook for 5 minutes to get some crisp to them.
- Add the meatballs, extra sauce, cheese, and basil.
- Continue to cook your meatball subs in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.