This is a fun and simple way to make a vegan meatball sub sandwich that is so full of flavor and such a healthy alternative to real meat. This recipe is so easy to make and so delicious to eat. It’s a great way to bring fun and flavor to your dinner or lunch table.
These vegan meatball subs are so tasty and make for a great meal. I used Gardein meatballs for this recipe, but you can swap that out for any of your favorite brands.
Vegan Gardein Meatball Sub
- 2 sub sandwich rolls
- 6 vegan 'meatballs'
- Vegan shredded cheese
- 15 oz Tomato sauce
- ⅓ cup Red wine
- ½ cup Olive oil
- ½ cup White onion
- Step 1 Set your oven to 400 degrees.
- Step 2 Pour the tomato sauce into a saucepan on medium heat.
- Step 3 Chop up your onion and add to your sauce. Let that simmer for a few minutes. Pour in the red wine and olive oil and stir everything until completely blended.
- Step 4 Let the sauce simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Step 5 Add in your frozen ‘Gardein’ meatballs. Put the top on your pot and let the meatballs cook in the sauce for 15 minutes on low heat. Stir every few minutes.
- Step 6 Place your bread into the oven and let them cook for 5 minutes to get some crisp to them.
- Step 7 Add the meatballs, extra sauce, cheese, and basil.
- Step 8 Continue to cook your meatball subs in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.