I have never been the best baker, something that I am not afraid to admit, but these cookies are so simple and easy to make that it is ‘bad baker’ proof, as I like to call it. They are so simple and easy to make and only involve using 4 ingredients. They are great to make for party’s, make with the kids, or just to make if you have a sweet tooth like I do. The best part is being able to cut them into cute shapes and frost them. The possibilities are endless.
Here are some tips on how I decorate my cookies.
For this very easy colored frosting, I mix vegan cake frosting with a drop of food coloring. I then heat it in the microwave for 4 seconds just to melt the frosting. This makes it easy to dip the cookies.
For adding simple designs you can add your softened frosting mix to a piping bag or a plastic bag with the corner tip cut off.
One last decorating tip, which is one of my favorites, is to melt chocolate chips into a small bowl and dip each cookie halfway. I then top it off with powders sugar sprinkled onto the chocolate.
Here are some of my favorite decorating tools. I am in love with the shapes of these cookie cutters from Ann Clark and Supernatural makes very affordable vegan sprinkles.
*junkfoodvegan.blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazing Vegan Shortbread Butter Cookies
- 2 cups Flour
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Vegan Butter
- 1 pinch Salt
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Step 2 Sift the flour into a large bowl for mixing. Then, add sugar and salt. Make sure everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Step 3 Add the butter and vanilla extract.
- Step 4 Mix all the ingredients together with your hands (using gloves works great.) It should be pretty crumbly in the beginning but the more you need the dough, the more it should come together. It should form into a nice ball once complete.
- Step 5 When that is all finished, you are ready to roll out the dough and make your shapes. The dough should be about half an inch tall for my shapes.
- Step 6 Lay the cookies out, evenly spaced, onto a cookie pan lined with foil or cooking spray.
- Step 7 Bake for 30 minutes, 35 for an extra crisp.