Honestly, this was my first time ever cooking quinoa myself self and I must say, I am quite impressed with how it turned out. This ended up being the perfect singular serving size and was enough to fill me up with how much flavor the lemon added. What’s great about this bowl is that you can add any of your favorite vegan proteins such as tofu or soy chicken to make it a really hearty meal.
Zesty Lemon Quinoa Bowl
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1/2 cup Diced onions
- 1/2 cup Diced carrots
- 1 Broccoli stalk
- 4 tbsp Earth Balance butter
- 2 dash Salt/pepper
- Lemon juice
- Boil 2 cups of water in a medium pot.
- Cook your quinoa for 12-15 minutes.
- Strain the quinoa and place on a paper towel to help soak up excess water.
- In a cooking pan, sizzle 2 Tbsp. of earth balance (or any vegetable oil substitute) with the carrots, onions, and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until everything is tender. Set aside and use the same pan to sizzle another 2 Tbsp.
- Add broccoli to your pan. turn heat to medium and color the pan to let te broccoli cook all the way through.
- Add everything to a bowl and add salt to taste.