Honestly, this was my first time ever cooking quinoa myself self and I must say, I am quite impressed with how it turned out. This ended up being the perfect singular serving size and was enough to fill me up with how much flavor the lemon added. What’s great about this bowl is that you can add any of your favorite vegan proteins such as tofu or soy chicken to make it a really hearty meal.
Zesty Lemon Quinoa Bowl
- 1 cup Quinoa
- ½ cup Diced onions
- ½ cup Diced carrots
- 1 Broccoli stalk
- 4 tbsp Earth Balance butter
- 2 dashes salt/pepper
- Lemon juice
- Step 1 Boil 2 cups of water in a medium pot.
- Step 2 Cook your quinoa for 12-15 minutes.
- Step 3 Strain the quinoa and place on a paper towel to help soak up excess water.
- Step 4 In a cooking pan, sizzle 2 Tbsp. of earth balance (or any vegetable oil substitute) with the carrots, onions, and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until everything is tender. Set aside and use the same pan to sizzle another 2 Tbsp. to cook the broccoli. You can turn the heat to medium and cover the pan to let the broccoli steam cook all the way through. I would recommend cooking them for about 8 minutes.
- Step 5 Everything is ready to add to a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste and then finish everything off with some squeezed lemon juice.