What is better than blistered shishito peppers? Shishito peppers are amazing to cook because they are so mild in spice (except for the occasional spicey one you may find.) When blistered, they soften to a really great texture. This recipe really packs an amazing flavor into these already delicious peppers.
This recipe is so amazing and full of such flavor. I’ve added Teriyaki and soy sauce to this recipe which cooks with the peppers amazingly and adds such savoriness. The lemons also add the perfect amount of zest.
This is a great side dish for a family/friend meal or a perfect at-home snack.
Ways to pair this dish:
- Avacado and cucumber sushi rolls
- Zesty stirfry
- Tofu in orange sauce
- Ramen soup
Sautéed Shishito Peppers
- 3 cups Shishito Peppers
- 2 tbsp Vegan butter (Earth Balance)
- 2 tbsp Teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Soy sauce
- to taste Salt and pepper
- Mix your teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce, salt, and pepper into a bowl then add your whole shishito peppers.
- Heat up your pan with butter and add your bowl of peppers. Let simmer on medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until all the peppers are a little browned. The longer they cook, the less spicy they are.
- When your peppers are finished cooking, you can plate them and drizzle any extra sauce on top.