I made this last night and instantly fell in love with these tacos. I can tell they are going to become a new one of my go-to meals. They are so easy to make and involve using so few ingredients which is always a plus.
If you need a simple and easy recipe for spicy mayo, you can check out my recipe here for ‘Spicy Siracha Vegan Mayo’.
Mixing the cabbage with the spicy mayo and lime is so yummy. Easily one of the best parts of this recipe. The sriracha I used for this recipe has a really great kick to it and the lime helps balance it out.
Optional: Toast the tortillas on the stove for a yummy charred flavor. (I usually hold each side over the stove for 30 seconds each.)
If you want a healthier option, you can sub the flour tortillas for corn. Either option tastes great for this recipe.
Sweet potato tacos
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup spicy Mayo
- 1 lime
- 6 flour tortillas
- Turn your oven to 425.
- Peel and chop your sweet potatoes. Lay them on a baking sheet with 1 Tbs of olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper on top. Place in the oven for 25 minuts or until fully cooked.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your 2 cubs cabbage and 1/2 cup spicy mayo. Squeeze one half of your lime into the bowl. Salt and peper to taste. Stir.
- Tost your tortillas. (This part is optional but great if you want to give the tortilla a great grilled flavor.)
- When the sweet potatoes are done cooking, lay out your tortillas. Place a spoonful of chickpeas in each tortilla. Then add your sweet potatoes to each taco.
- Top off each toco with your cabbage mixture. Squeeze the other half of your lime all over your tacos.
- You can drizzle spicy mayo on top of each taco if you would like.